Thursday, July 30, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 08.04.15




Alex Katz


Hello All --- this week I would like us to continue mining pictures of landscape for subjects for our painting.  Feel free to let people inhabit the painting too.  This is Alex Katz and he does a masterful job of simplifying shapes and color and still showing characteristics of light and local values in a painting.  He does this by sketching a plan before the painting and using a reduced color palette.  



Alex Katz



Alex Katz


More Katz: LINK

Bring your pictures, and I'll bring mine to use.  
See you next week.




Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com