Friday, July 24, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 07.28.15


Hello All,


This week we will be halfway through our Drawing & Painting class.  We've been working on still life and I will reset the still life for those who would like to finish their paintings from last week.


Next up, I would like us to approach painting a landscape from a picture.  Again I want to emphasize reduction of details to overall shape and compositional elements to allow ourselves room for the paint to do its work.  Bring a picture of landscape of some kind or use one of my pictures that I print out – and lets let ourselves be BEACHY in these hot days of summer.





David Hockney, Beach Umbrella, 1971


LINK

or 

LINK


Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com