Thursday, July 16, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 07.21.15


Drawing & Painting students - thank you for engaging in still life and this week we can continue to use objects to inspire us.  Please feel free to bring along something yourself to look at or your own project ideas.  Main theme will be about color and I will talk about using a dominate color to create a color harmony.  Here is a picture of Milton Avery's that demonstrates a dominant color harmony:


Milton Avery, Shells and Fisherman, 1940


Keep in mind that paint needs to work as paint and the reduction of details can help us manage what our paint is doing (and this is a nice example of such).  We will draw with paint and reduce our shapes to focus on the color.  See you in class.





Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com