Thursday, October 23, 2014

BRENT RIDGE NAC CLASSES 10-27-14


This Week: we will continue on our projects started – for inspiration we can continue using Mondrian inspired abstraction. Use a starting point of a tree like Mondrian or use a still life object or even create from a sketch to echo the forms of inspiration and let the process take over.  You want to pull it apart and then put it back together; making something new.  Feel free to use this suggestion liberally in your own way.    


I've included in this post a contemporary artist who makes abstract paintings exclusively from trees as an example of using Mondrian as inspiration for his own paintings – he is a great example of updating this process of making abstraction from nature.  His name is Benjamin Butler.  Follow the link for more works.



Benjamin Butler


LINK





Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com