Wednesday, October 15, 2014

BRENT RIDGE NAC CLASSES 10-20-14


Welcome back after our Columbus Day hiatus - Last week's use of our palettes was a good start at creating a process of color choice for ourselves.  This week I would like to introduce you to:


MONDRIAN!


Any good painter wants to know about his process of abstracting trees and forms into simpler lines and forms.  I have made a blog post showing his trees and subjects transforming into shape and pattern.  His process allowed him to start working with shapes and the grid in pure abstract terms – he took inspiration from nature and life to find line, shape and space in abstract space.  Using his transformation and editing methods are all things I think we can all benefit from.  
LINK






I will have books on hand of his work at class.  If you would like to work with sketches to develop a bigger work using his method or rather dive into a canvas and work out the process all there is your choice.  You can use a photo of a tree or subject to gain a point of departure.  You can see he approached landscapes and portraits and still life in the same way.




Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com