Thursday, October 2, 2014

BRENT RIDGE NAC CLASSES 10-06-14






This Week: our projects and enthusiasm is spot on and I would like us to carry our individual projects forward.  

We can start to think about how our palettes inform our decision making process by choosing a color scheme to work with – I've included some color wheels and riffs on color wheels here in this post.  You can think in monotone (one dominant color) or duotone (two dominant colors) or tritone (three dominant colors) with accents.  You can think about the compliments (red-green, blue-orange, yellow-purple) or analogous (colors next to one another on the color wheel) or none at all (black and white) as you decide how to arrange your palette for your painting.  

By working this way it can free us up to focus on the form of the painting – because we've gotten a lot of decisions out of the way.  Any questions I can lead you in choosing a scheme in class.  I also found a nice link explaining a bit of color theory LINK













Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com