Tuesday, October 6, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 10.13.15


Hello everyone,

So excited that everyone is diving into letting paint work its way through looking at nature and working through layers of paint.

What I would next like to direct everyone toward is a way of translating an image into a palette of color.  I want everyone to bring at least one picture of a person, self or else, a tree or something you would like to see transform.

Using this as a starting point we will use simple shapes such as squares, triangles or circles in a grid formation format to make our pictures.  We will be inspired by Paul Klee and here is his example.

Paul Klee, Ancient Harmony-no 236, 1925

Bring a paper to sketch with as that will be necessary to think out the process - our color placement will be approximate but we will change and improvise for the sake of our composition.

more Klee: LINK





Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com