Monday, October 30, 2017

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 11.01.17


Hello Class


Sometimes you need to keep digging, scratching, unearthing that thing you've been doing?





These three pictures of exposed rebarb from a walk in Montreal to me symbolize visually how I want you to continue to mine your young ideas into new paint.  Add paint to your structures you have now developed and see how more than one version of what you've been doing looks?

And here's a couple of painters:

Georg Baselitz

Georg Baselitz

Joan Mitchell

Alexej von Jawlensk


GEORG BASELITZ
JOAN MITCHELL
ALEXEJ VON JAWLENSKY




Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com