Sunday, September 17, 2017

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 09.20.17


This week I want us to use Automatic procedures to produce compositions for your paintings.

We will talk about how Surrealism produced these forms of Automatic Painting.

You may want to bring some India Ink (or colored if you have some) and paper for the exercises.  I will bring some ink/paper to share too.

As always have a surface for painting (canvas, paper, wood, or found flat item).

Here's Thomas Nozkowski (who clearly uses some form of unconscious automatic drawing):







Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com