Saturday, November 14, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 11.17.15


Hello All,

Last week went into interesting ways investigating a specific color theme.
I would like you to continue in this vein - now as a DOMINANT COLOR theme.
This means you can use more colors in your palate, but in your painting you want to focus on one or two colors driving the composition overall.  This affects the mood, the space, the feeling of the painting.
Take a look at how this works in Hans Hoffman's work:


Hans Hoffman

Hans Hoffman

Hans Hoffman




Hans Hoffman has more kinds of work than I could ever post here:  LINK
He paints abstract, figurative, drips - he does it all.
For more geometric inspiration look at Sarah Morris: LINK




Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com