Thursday, September 17, 2015

NAC - BRENT RIDGE CLASSES - 09.29.15


Greetings my newfound travelers with me into the deep dark wood of painted glory.
Welcome back fall by making a painting about the memory of what we leave: summer.
Bring some fragments of your tales and journeys under the high sun and turn them into a painting.

Here I use a local artist named Bunny Harvey, who happens to have a retrospective at the nearby Davis Museum – I highly recommend checking out if you have the chance, it just opened.  Great example of representation slipping into abstraction in painting.

So be inspired and bring in a photo, or summer sketches or maybe some collected leaves and hone in on the balance (or unbalance) in your composition.  Use sketches to work out a composition and play with space.



Bunny Harvey


Bunny Harvey


Bunny Harvey










Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com