Thursday, March 19, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 03.23.15





 Color: 
I've had some requests for approaching color as an exercise before we end our quick sessions.  So what I would suggest is to hit up your favorite paint/hardware store for some paint chips to use to as inspiration and reference for your color mixing.  You'll end up using between 2-4.  Expect to paint abstractly for structure or bring a photo/object for inspiration.  Make sure you have a good amount of white to use as a neutral and your sketchbook for experimentation.


Last Class:
This has been a funnnn short course but we are to the end.  These have been teasers for what you can develop with a longer contact with the great subject of painting and I hope you will want to continue your journey.  Get in contact with the office if you have not done so yet if you are indeed intending to continue.  See you next week!







Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com