Thursday, October 25, 2012

Raoul De Keyser - In Memoriam





Raoul De Kyser, Front, 1992, H. 65" x W. 48.5"


I know your paintings, and that is how I know your soul.  I feel some sense of loss in my possessed knowledge of your life, and I sense it through the made objects of yours, and through your art I know you.  I feel like I just found out I lost a friend.  I love your paintings.



Raoul De Kyser, Front, 1992 (detail)


Passing transparencies, slow melodic builds, quiet crescendos, the paint breaths across the surface, blobs squirt and announce muted moments.



Raoul De Kyser, Front, 1992 (detail)

Loney doplet, lovely moment, echoed by shadows of previous marks in the pinkish beige paint.  I love your paintings.  RIP.


August 29, 1930 - October 5, 2012
LINK

Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com