Monday, November 6, 2017

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 11.08.17


Hello Class

As you have developed your painting techniques and personal iconography, I now want you to think about what kind of mark-making you are are using in your painting, and focus on this aspect:

SOFT or HARD


Paul Jenkins
Definitely a soft approach
 

Johnathan Lasker
This is a very hard approach

Helen Frankenthaler

A mix of both

Mary Heilman
And here a kind of soft-hard approach





BILL JENSEN
HELEN FRANKENTHALER
JONATHAN LASKER
MARY HEILMANN






Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com