Sunday, November 29, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 12.01.15


Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Holliday and last week's special visiting artist John Murray.

We have two classes left and want us to focus on our own stylistic concerns and try to move the needle on a project of our own that may take 2 sessions (meaning if you've got that big canvas left you've been itching to paint, now is the time).

As a theme for this I can offer you a focus of HARD or SOFT.
Most of abstract painting can fall under these too broad descriptions of shape and here are some examples:




Anton Henning



Helen Frankenthaler


And of course there's somewhere in-between:



Hans Hoffman


Eva Lundsager






Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com