Thursday, March 12, 2015

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 03.16.15


Paint it SOFT and Paint it HARD

Let's continue our individual projects and focus our paintings in the the terms of SOFT and HARD.
Why?  Because thinking in this way can free us toward a useful ends, letting our materials guide our journey.  Don't think too much – just move your way through the paint.

Here some examples of what I mean by SOFT:

Helen Frankenthaler

Jules Olitski


Here are some examples of HARD:

Johnathan Lasker

Joanne Greenbaum




See you next week




Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com