Monday, March 7, 2016

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 03.08.16


OPEN STUDIO

Hello all - in my absence this week, 
you are invited to use the ELVAS STUDIO for your own use.
This is your inspiration, should you follow it as the week's challenge:
Repeat a Painting - using a previously made painting, make a new painting reusing the composition, the forms, or the color scheme.  This is how you can begin to form a style, or a series of works, and the challenge of repeating yourself without just copying is something everyone should attempt as some point.

Here's a painterly example:

Jacqueline Humphries, Hor. #6, 1997

Jacqueline Humphries, Untitled(burgundy), 1997




LINK





Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com