Wednesday, January 6, 2016

BRENT RIDGE - NAC CLASSES 01.12.16


Hello All and welcome to the Abstract Process of Painting.

This being the beginning of the new year, 
we will look to create something out of these new, dark days and bring to light something magical.
That is why I want us to bring or think of an image that can represent the old to begin our painting and transform that into something that is the new through the process of painting.  

We will use Pollock as our model - the ultimate 'all over' style of abstraction to begin our journey.

You can drip, splash, pull, pile, drag, knife your way through the paint to create space and depth through line and gesture in a painting.

See you next week.


Jackson Pollock, Full Fathom Five, 1947









Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com