Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Looking back, Looking Forward


















Here I am, starting my studies at GSA last September and at that point, my studio is fresh and almost bare.  It's an honest, but slightly redundant sentiment I expressed in clay before me.  The night's skyline is seen through the window with the reflection of my painting I dragged with me from Brooklyn visible all at the same time.  It feels strange to look at this image now, knowing what I felt then and what I feel now, a struggle that ensued over the past year to understand my art, and a new definition of what it means to be me.

Blog Archive

About Me

Boston, MA, United States
I'm an artist originally from Flint, MI now residing in Boston, MA. In-between I practiced my art in NYC and overseas in Scotland. I've been using this blog to situate Boston art and artists amongst the International scene of contemporary art. You can find my art on www.brent-ridge.com